Monday, September 22, 2008

He trusts you . . .

This is an older testimoment for me, but I must share it. I love my children, but sometimes being a mother is less than glorious (don't act surprised)! I was going through a period where I was really struggling with my oldest and I really wanted the best for her but didn't know what that was or where to find it.

I went to a meeting (there's a common thing here, I really shouldn't miss these!) and there someone mentioned a talk given by a general authority (I don't know who it was) but he mentioned a joke. The joke told by the general authority was this, "for all you parents sitting there smug thinking how great your children are and how you did such a perfect job . . . just know he didn't trust you with a hard one." Everyone laughed . . . . I cried. Now I know it was a joke and I know that this may not truly be the case, but I felt Him.

I felt the confirmation that the reason I had this challenging child (or children) was because he KNEW I could handle it. Now it doesn't mean I think I am better than the parent with the easy kids, it just helped me to view my trials in a whole new light. We don't have to wait until our next estate (the after life) to hear the Lord say, "way to go, you're doing a good job". There are things that are constantly happening in our everyday, that are "way to go's" from the Lord. They can come in the form of a trial or a blessing. And many times, they are the same.

When the Lord sends you a hard kid, it's a way to go, you can do it, I KNOW you can. When the Lord sends us a challenging calling, it's a way to go. When the Lord sends us trials, we can view them as "why me" or we can view them as, "well, at least he trusts me." Now my mother and I have talked about this often and I agree with her that sometimes, I don't want to be so trusted . . . he he he.

But view it from a worldly point of view. If you are at your job and you are doing great. Your employer doesn't just keep giving you the stuff that's too easy for you, or all the stuff you already mastered. If you are doing a good job they are going to give you projects and challenges to push you further, projects with more responsibility. They trust you can do it. These are the things that help you get "promoted" or "move up the ladder of success".

So the next time you are feeling low and "picked on" (we all do) remember it's a WAY to GO! Consider it your promotion for a job well done.

1 comment:

Liz said...

LOVE IT ANN!!!!! What an amazing way to share the gospel!

Liz

P.S. What a cute family in your header picture! Of course you can use it - you took the picture. LOL!