Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Every Part of your life!

Not too long ago I was trying to sell my car.  Not because I didn't like it . . . because I LOVED it.  But because my family has grown and for my own sanity the children need to be out of arms reach of one another.  So with much sadness I put my car on the "ever so popular" online selling site.  Now I had a cute, fun, fast car and this online source was my only method for selling it.  No number in the car window or sale sign.  So we waited . . .

It sat online for 30 days then 45 days and I was determined that the car wasn't going to sell and that it just wasn't meant to be.  I had this very thought as I was driving my three year old to the doctor when . . . she threw up all over the back seat.   The most HORRIBLE throw up ever!  So I pulled over and got her cleaned up (as much as you can in the back seat of a car), ran into Old Navy in her skibbies to get some new clothes to wear and as I get back in the car . . . I get a phone call saying they want to look at my car!  Of course, now that it's covered in throw up and I have an infant and sick toddler on my hands.

So we rush home and detail the car, top to bottom!  Thank heavens for hubbies.  And I am thinking how weird it is that just today I was thinking if it's meant to be it will happen if not, don't stress about it.  So my hubby takes the car to show the people and he comes home and says they want it!  And they are going to pick it up tomorrow.  

Well I haven't even been looking for a new car.  All I knew was that I wanted a mini-van (crazy I know, but it's pure heaven)  I was kind of picky about this as I felt that if I was going to be a mini-van driving mom it had to have all the bells and whistles I needed.  But it also had to be about the same price as my old car . . . challenging.  And not to throw in any more challenges, but we were supposed to head up to Bear Lake in two days, need a car for that!

So I ran to the same online source and started searching for my dream car (van).  It needed to be white, I wanted power sliding doors (how cool are those), I wanted a dvd player to keep the kids happy on those rides home from grandma and grandpa's and it had to have under 80k miles.  Now I worked at car dealerships for 7 years and one thing I did learn was that you can't custom order a used car.

So my hopes were high, but my expectations low.  I am looking and looking and praying and praying (yes I was praying about a car).  Then I found it, but it had been online for 50 days and was $3000 under book . . . it was either sold or something seriously wrong with it!  The listing wasn't the best, very vague, but even in the small print I could read dvd player and power sliding doors.  So I called and left a message.

I then rented a van so I had something to drive and with 24 hours until we were to head to Bear Lake I kept looking and praying that the right thing would turn up for us.  I finally got a phone call back from the man selling the van and they still had it and they lived within 15 minutes of us (which if you know where I live, this is a big deal).  So we ran to see it and it was PERFECT!  Everything I wanted and only $200 more than our old car!  The man said that he had it online for the 50 days and we are the first to call on it!  Sold, we'll take two!

Now I am not saying that this car is heaven sent, but what I am saying is that if you let the Lord be a part of EVERY aspect of your life . . . job, cars, school, even down to the smallest thing, He will be involved.  He will guide you and direct you.  He will ease your worries with the FAITH that he will find a way for things to work out.  

Just as I said in the post before this . . . we are given trials.   No doubt about it, but if we let the Lord be involved in everything he will guide us through it all . . . Big or Small!  Don't ever feel like something isn't important enough to pray for.  If it's important to you, it's important to Him.  

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thanks for sharing. I enjoy your insights.