Thursday, October 2, 2008

Low Visibility Ahead . . .

About a year and a half ago my husband had to work out of state for 6 months. This was a very hard time in our lives. He was living in an apartment 7 hours away from us. We missed him greatly. The girls and I went up to Montana to help him find an apartment and stay with him for a week as he got settled in. Leaving him there was HORRIBLE! Luckily we had met up with his parents in Idaho and they had my oldest so driving home it was just the baby (my now 3 year old) and me. As I said goodbye to him knowing that he was going to not be living with us for 6 months I was overcome with emotions and just let the tears and pain fall. While I was crying and feeling so low, lost, and alone thinking about what was I going home for, I was leaving "home" somewhere else. What was I going to do when I got home to that empty house? I was pleading with Heavenly Father to help me find peace and comfort.
Just then there was a street sign that said, "LOW VISIBILITY AHEAD". This hit me (not literally, thank heavens) and I found that comfort I was seeking.
Even though at that moment my life and happiness was foggy and my visibility of the future was low . . . I KNEW that things would be okay.
We can't always see the big picture or the road before us but as long as we keep on the right road and exercise our Faith we will make it through the "low visibility" areas in our lives.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm so there right now.