Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Long time ... lots seen :)


Wow, it has been a long time!  I can't believe this blog is even here still!  What a great ride it has been.  So many moments, but how great it is for me to read these from the past.  I look forward to picking up these again as they are VERY dear to my heart.

Things I have learned in the past 3 years ... "Men are that they might have joy!"  True story, LOL!  I have learned to look at life through rose colored glasses and that the Lord wants us to be happy.  You can be humble and happy.  You can have nice things and still be an obedient member of the church, but be content, don't let it be your master.  You can have JOY in the journey, not just endure (although I do know that at times, that's all we can do).  C.S. Lewis said, "We need to be as christian in our feasts as in our fasts."  And I am determined to keep that in my heart as I know that the Lord wants us to be happy.

I have learned a lot over the past few years in regards to my soul and the amazing thing we fought for called FREE AGENCY.  I learned we have a lot more control of our lives then I ever thought we did.  Our thoughts create our reality, so why not think happy thoughts!  Why not find the Lord and his blessings through happy moments, not wait to be reminded of them only in times of sorrow.  No wonder we fought so hard for free agency, we have the right to determine SO many things in our lives, WITH OUR ATTITUDE!  We can prevent moments/events in our lives from defining who we are and who we will forever be.  Hooray!  Well worth the fight :)

I have accumulated a large collection of quotes (thanks PINTEREST!) and here's a few of my favorites:

"Happiness is an inside job.  Don't assign anyone else that much power over your life." ~Mandy Hale

"A great attitude becomes a great day which becomes a great month which becomes a great year which becomes a great LIFE!"  ~Mandy Hale

"It's okay to be happy with a calm life." ~unknown (to me)

"Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out." ~Gordon B Hinckley

"Happiness is a direction not a place." ~Sydney J. Harris

And of course ... "These things have I spoken unto you, that my JOY might remain in you, and that your JOY might be full." ~John 15:11




No comments: