Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ask Why? Get an answer.

I was driving the other day when I drove thru the inner part of a big city and saw a man on the sidewalk struggling with a shopping cart full of belongings. I watched as he stumbled onto the grass and tried to catch a blanket that was falling out of his cart. This scene isn't uncommon in this part of town and I started wondering why some of us were so blessed with the comforts of this world and why some had to struggle just to survive. It wasn't very much further down the road, when I got my answer. Just as the spirit does, a soft voice spoke to me, "For of him unto whom much is given much is required" D&C 82:3 (the actual thoughts were, "to whom much is given much is expected.") And the hymn "Because I have been given much" started to sing in my head.

Throughout the weekend, this same message rang in my head numerous times as I looked at my family, my home and my life. I feel so blessed and because of that I will do all that I can to serve the Lord. It's not just lucky, it's a blessing and because of that I must always strive to turn the hearts of my children and myself to the Lord.

On a little side note: We were watching a television show (my four year old and I) and someone mentioned "heaven". My little lady turned to me and said, "HEY! We know Heaven." Aren't we glad :)

3 comments:

Christa said...

thanks, I needed that too.

Becky Lewis said...

you are an inspiration to me!!

Alicia said...

Ann I had no idea you had this blog too! You are truly amazing woman. I love this blog. How wonderful that you are able to share your testimony with others. I have struggled so much to do that. You are a great example that if you put the lord first much can be accomplished. Thank you for being who you are!